Non-public personal information that Fetch may collect about you includes but is not limited to
- Information received from you either on-line, (such as through our website or our app) on the phone or by mail, fax or by any other means, such as your name, address, age, telephone number, social security number, assets, income, payment information or beneficiaries. It is possible that some of this information may be deemed to be “personal information,” which means data that can be used to identify you such as your name, address, Social Security number, e-mail address or telephone number.
- Information regarding your transactions with us and or our affiliates such as policy coverage, premium, and payment history.
- Information from a consumer reporting agency or veterinary medical provider such as your credit history or your pet’s medical records.
Information Fetch may disclose about you
- Fetch will not disclose any personal information with respect to a client except as is necessary in order to provide products or services to that client or otherwise as may be required or permitted by law. Although unlikely, sometimes claims information may include medical or health-related information about human beings also referred to as Protected Health Information (“PHI”), which is regulated and protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). As such, whether it is PHI claim information or Nonpublic Personal Information (“NPI”) or Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), the use of such information may be regulated by HIPAA, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”) or other federal and state privacy and information security laws. In that case we may share such information only with entities that agree to protect the privacy and security of such data as required by law.
- Fetch may disclose non-public information about you to our affiliates in order to meet your needs and to provide you with information regarding products and services offered by our affiliates. Fetch affiliates include but are not limited to our insurance carrier, our actuarial consultants, and others with whom we have joint marketing agreements that help us market our products.
- The type of information Fetch may disclose about you to our affiliates includes but is not limited to, identification information, account balance information, payment history, your pet’s medical history and any other relevant information that you provide to Fetch on your enrollment form or through any other means. Our affiliates are bound by similar privacy policies to ours to ensure that your privacy is protected.
- Fetch does not disclose your non-public information to nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted or required by law or if authorized by you personally.
How Fetch uses your non-public information
- Fetch relies on the non-public information that you provide to offer you the best level of care available that is tailored to your needs. It allows Fetch to develop new products that better reflect your circumstances and to market those products to you in the most appropriate manner. We may also use information to offer you other products or services, to enhance and improve existing products or services, or to design new ones.
- Applications or other business information may be shared with business contacts such as insurers, business partners, program administrators, managing general agents, insurance producers, insurance brokers, actuaries, accountants, reinsurers and reinsurance brokers and legal counsel to facilitate Fetch’s business objectives. Regulators may also view applications or other business information in carrying out their regulatory responsibilities. Other information may be used in furtherance of Fetch’s routine business activities, including evaluating and underwriting policies, auditing, establishing pricing and other underwriting criteria, evaluating, processing, paying or rejecting claims, and other purposes authorized by law.
- The information that you provide to us is not sold to third-party data compilation services. From time to time, we may make the postal or e-mail addresses of our customers available to our affiliates whose products or services we think you might find interesting. If you do not want us to share this information, you are given the opportunity to decline, or you may contact us at [email protected] to inform us that you do not want us to share your information in such a manner.
- For residents of California and Delaware, California Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575 and 6 Del.C. § 1205C seek disclosure of how the website responds to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about their online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Although it is not clear that the statutes apply, we believe that an example might be a browser option allowing you to ask websites not to track you across third-party websites so that they can serve targeted or behavioral advertising to you. You should not use the website if you desire a “do not track” signal, because the website will not honor it.
Fetch’s security and confidentiality procedures
- Fetch restricts access to your non-public personal information to Fetch employees and affiliates of Fetch, others who have a need to know that information in order to service a particular account or those that you have granted permission to receive such data through this policy or otherwise. Fetch also maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration or premature destruction.
- Important regulatory concerns tied to the Internet, system vulnerabilities, social engineering and the possibility of third-party negligence or malfeasance are all reasons why Fetch cannot guarantee that information will remain absolutely confidential at all times. Although we take precautions to secure your information and apply reasonable safeguards, your own secure best practices and that of any third-parties that you use are also essential to maintaining a secure environment. In addition, to the extent you provide or access information on Fetch’s systems through the use of a password, we encourage you to keep your password confidential and secure, as we cannot be responsible for acts resulting from the unauthorized use of your password or compromises to the security of your computers, networks or systems. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the website.
Fetch and children’s privacy
Your choices and opting out
- When you quote or buy insurance on this site, we collect your e-mail address so that we can send you e-mails concerning your transactions with us, and other information we think you’ll find useful. Fetch will contact you only if you elect to be contacted. If you choose to receive e-mail messages, Fetch may periodically send you e-mail messages describing updates, new features or promotional offers related to this web site. If you do not wish to receive informational e-mails, the only e-mail messages you will receive from Fetch will be in response to e-mail inquiries that you send us or e-mails regarding policy administration.
- To ensure you receive our e-mails, our service provider or we may receive confirmations when you open them or click through e-mail links. These confirmations may also show whether your e-mail application supports graphics, so we can tailor our messages to you.
Fetch policy and site content
- This site was designed to provide you with helpful information about our company’s products. Information presented throughout the site is subject to policy terms conditions. In the unlikely event that there is any discrepancy between any information on this site and an actual insurance policy, the terms, conditions and limitations of our insurance policy will govern.
- Fetch has a number of security measures in place to ensure that your data is secure and encrypted. We use an industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption, to allow for the encryption of sensitive personal information such as name, address, credit card and bank account information you may be requested to provide online. If you are using a security-enabled web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 2.0 or better, or Netscape Navigator 2.0 or better, the information you transmit to us is encrypted. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Although Fetch strives to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products and services. These transmissions are undertaken at your own risk. Once we receive your personal information, however, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems.
- Fetch’s website undergoes daily website security tests through McAfee, a dedicated security technology company, and is a part of the Norton Secured Site Program, powered by Verisign, an identity and authentication security service. We want to make sure that your information is protected and that you are given the reassurance that every commercial effort is being made to make purchases through our website as safe as possible.